I was recently asked how I record skype calls and what are the best ways to go about it. I’ve tried many apps/addons for skype and these are the two that I love the most:
Call Recorder for Skype by Ecamm (Mac)
Call recorder is a great addon for Skype that allows you to record audio and video locally. Call Recorder has many options for the type of output and in various formats:
- None (Audio Only): No video is recorded.
- Picture-in-Picture: Record video from both sides of the call in picture-in-picture format. The recorded video will look exactly as you see it during the call, with your video inset within the remote video.
- Side by Side: Record video from both sides of the call, with each side taking up half the picture.
- Local Only: Only the local side (video from your camera) will recorded.
- Remote Only: Only the remote side (video from the other participant) will recorded.
- Two Track: Records Local and Remote onto two video tracks within the QuickTime movie. The tracks can then be split into separate video files using QuickTime Player Pro or the included Split Movie Tracks utility.
Call Recorder for Skype sells for $19.99 it is by far the cheapest and most feature rich setup out there. There is a demo version so you can try before you buy.
Pamela for Skype (Windows)
- Free Skype Extra application
- Record any type of Skype call (Audio and Video!)
- Automatic call recording (In- Outbound or both)
- Record in WMA, OGG, MP3 or WAV format
- Supports Windows 8
Pamela for Skype comes in a few different price points.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.